Friday, January 20, 2006

Arrival #7 in Cambodia

Well ... the first entry in a new Cambodia blog. Hmmmmm. I arrived safely Friday the 20th in Phnom Penh. It has been great to see old friends again! What a lovely bunch of people. We arrived at 11 am slightly jet-lagged but excited! I will try to make some calls today.

For those on my email list, I will keep this blog, but cc: all entries directly to you; feel free to share this address with any interested friends!

Here's a story of the flight. We arrived in Los Angeles (LAX) in the evening for a 11:30 pm departure. I checked into the EVA Air desk as we are required to do. The clerk looked at my passport, then my ticket, back to the passport and back to the ticket. I was gettig a little worried here. I should say that my name is on the "watch list"and each time I fly, they have to take extra care that I am not whomever they are looking for.

THEN she picked up the phone and made a call; I was looking for the men in black to strart surrounding me! Getting off the phone she leaned forward and did that "come here" gesture with her index finger. I was cooked, what ever could be wrong? I leaned forward, heart pounding and she whispered, "do you mind if I upgrade you to business class, free"? I was speechless. Does anyone ever refuse that request; she actually said, yes!

So ... I flew Business Class for the 14 hour flight from LAX to Taipei! Awesome.

I'll try to get smaller more frequent offerings to all. Stay tuned, and stay praying! Thanks for all you do!

1 Comments:

Blogger John McCollum said...

Business Class is probably where the Air Marshals are booked.

8:20 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home