Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Short Posting

Long day, short note. Wednesday, our immigrant friend took me on a day excursion to her home province; a 3 ½ hour ride by road. Actually, thinking back, some of it was on “roads” that we would barely call roads. I wonder who supplies shock absorbers to Cambodia? I should buy some stock!

I had a delightful time meeting friends and family; understood little to none of the communication (fortunately, I did take an interpreter), but it was evident that she is a happy and loved young woman. I took much video footage which will help us in the US to get to know her better and may provide her with valuable “touch-points” for her to review after her arrival.

The day reminded me that love and smiles are a universal language and not dependent upon our heritage or ethnicity.

Stay with me -- we have four more weeks!

More later ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home