Thursday, June 08, 2006

Procrastination

Procrastination is my middle name.

Getting ready for this summer trip to SE Asia, I failed to be diligent in updating my prayer/travel partners. I am sorry. So ?/FONT>

Wednesday, June 7th, I head to Cambodia and Thailand with Asia Hope. This will be another exciting trip; several differences are already apparent. Most significantly, on this trip, Kimberly will be accompanying me, and later, Bobbi!

Kim will be doing a seven-week Internship with Asia Hope. She plans to study social, cultural, and health-care delivery issues in developing nations. She will work with the Asia Hope team, as well as pursue other opportunities and research. She will be going over with me on the 7th. Kim is excited about the adventure, as are Bobbi and I.

Bobbi will join us with the second AH team on June 25th (arriving in Phnom Penh on the 27th). She is pleased to be going despite not being an enthusiastic air traveler.

You may recall that Asia Hope turned over the reins of our two Cambodian orphanages and Student Centers to an indigenous Cambodian mission at the conclusion of our last trip. We are now in the process of developing new orphanages and Student Centers! Lord willing, during this trip, we will be able to fill and dedicate a new Asia Hope Student Leadership Center!

We are also working with a man who has run an orphanage in Phnom Penh for several years. Graciously, he is counseling and helping us through the process of starting our own orphanage. Hopefully, considerable progress will be made on this front.

Again, I want to thank you all for your past support and encouragement and to ask you to join me again for this venture. Your prayer support has kept me (and others) healthy and safe. Please continue to pray. Consider, especially, asking for safety and freedom of hassle for family members left behind. Ask God to prepare the schedule, His schedule, for us; prepare the people with whom we will work. Ask Him to keep us free from harm, and healthy, and that we may be a part of His work in SE Asia, as He is glorified.

I will keep you informed again during the next several weeks. Bobbi and I will also be keeping a blog, which can be found at: http://www.campbellincambodia.blogspot.com/. Feel free to pass the address on to any friends or family who may be interested.

A final note ?family-related, instead of Asia Hope related, is the fact that at the conclusion of our team trip, on July 11th, instead of flying directly home, Bobbi and I will fly to Seoul, Korea to meet the parent of Pete fiancee, Jean! They are classmates at Johns Hopkins. Last month, they announced their engagement and upcoming marriage, planned for March 24th, 2007 ?in Korea!

So ?we have an exciting six weeks coming up. Pack your virtual bags and come along. Wel keep you posted.

PS Sorry for the screwy fonts; I pasted it from Word; won't do that again. J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home