Tuesday, June 13, 2006

We're Here

We're Here
Kim and I arrived in Phnom Penh safely and slightly rested Friday at noon local time. We had a great time! I have accumulated enough miles to have gained access to the airline lounge during layovers. By sacrificing a few extra miles, I “bought Kim's entry as sell. WOW. what a trip to see how the other half lives! Free refreshment and snacks, comfortable chairs, service with a smile, quiet, internet access, etc. Then, while standing in the line to board the Taipei flight to Phnom Penh (4 hours), I casually remarked to Kim we ought to see if there are any "upgrades". As I handed my boarding pas to the attendant, I said, "any upgrade available?" at which time my pass got stuck in t he machine. He muttered something in Chinese and opened up the machine t extract my troublesome, now destroyed boarding pass. After going to the desk to get a new one, he passed Kim and I on; I remarked to Kim the bad timing o f the machine failure, obviously distracting him as I had asked my question. walking down the jet way, I looked at our newly-minted boarding passes and discovered that t hey were for Business Class! Yup, we road in the luxury of linen tray cloths, wide seats with foot room, and a doting, smiling flight attendant! Wow again. I could get spoiled!
Upon arrival we were met by two students, a d ear friend (brother of the woman immigrant from last trip), and Dave, our executive director. Kim w as immediately impressed by how friendly everyone was. In less than 24 hours, she has made fast friends with several of the women students! She has ridden on a moto several times, and been shopping at several locations around the city! Bobbi what were you saying about her being "out of her comfort zone"?
Today we hit the ground running! After a pretty good night's sleep, some breakfast,Dave and I met with representatives from Campus Crusade for Christ. with their leadership team, we hammered out the beginning of a working relationship to team with them in the oversight o four new Student Cotter! God was there. We were able to share our desires, work through ways to accomplish each team’s objectives,, and create a place f or students t feel safe, loved, encouraged, and able to learn about what it means to live a Christian life in the context of ether particular interests. CCC to join in this venture with us, as we are excited to have their passion and expertise discipling our students!
Tomorrow is the Sabbath -- church in the morning and who knows what after that! We are both feeling well and slowly jet lag is lagging. Monday we start the business of business!
Thank you for your continued support. I will endeavor to keep you up to speed! God Bless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home